[mambo] Admin interface hangs

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 21:23:18 EST 2005

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:45:56 -0500, leam at reuel.net <leam at reuel.net> wrote:
> More info, though I'm not sure what it means.
>
> On the local machine and on the remote I open the template html editor. On both index.php is unwriteable. On the local machine there is a check box "Make unwriteable after saving". Not on the remote.
>
> Any thoughts on where this comes from? The remote machine is hanging. It is, in all other respects that come to mind a plain vanilla install.

That would tell me that the template's index.php is not writable by
the apache user. Can you double check directory and file permissions
on the server?

> I wonder if it has anything to do with all the sessions left laying around in /tmp? Could it be that the ones in /tmp that are owned by root and perms 600?

Nah, sessions have nothing to do with apache trying to write to a php
file in the document root. I would take a look at /templates/ and
inside, to see if the apache user can write to them.

I have a stock 4.5.1a on my laptop, and cannot replicate the problem
(ditto for two other linux servers, one FC1 and another FC2) - this is
the main reason that no one has offered a solution, because it is such
a rare one. What blows me away is that the host thinks an old,
unpatched version of Mambo is better than the newer, more secure (and
patched) version.

Can you give me access to a server that is having this problem?

-- Mitch