[joomla] Job posting: PHP/Joomla Developer

Ryan W. Ozimek cozimek at picnet.net
Mon Sep 12 15:07:26 EDT 2005

Hey everyone,

I know this is the NYC PHP/Joomla list, but since we're looking up the east
coast, I thought I'd pass this along.  We've got some openings for Joomla
developers (full-time) and want to spread the word.

Thanks,
Ryan

Wanted:  A PHP developer with a cause

The Details:

PICnet (http://www.picnet.net) is an energetic, innovative technology firm
changing the face of the online non-profit and political worlds.  We're
looking for a PHP coder with a cause, the kind of person who wants to put
their skills and passions to work for the public sector.

With the 2006 campaign season right around the corner (and our workload
brimming), we're ramping up to get ready.  We're looking to add another
developer to our team who's ready to help build the future of online
campaigns.

We're looking for a PHP/MySQL programmer that can wear multiple hats. He/she
will need to know PHP code flat out, and be knowledgeable of the Mambo open
source content management system. He/she'll need to be able to take a server
from scratch and build a LAMP architecture for Web based applications.  And
yes, they'll need to have design skills that go beyond "I think I've heard
of CSS before".

After all the hard work, they'll need to be willing to have fun:  come to
our softball games, play putt-putt golf in the hallways, and laugh at least
twice a workday.  The right applicant will not only have the basic tech
qualifications...

-PHP (especially Mambo/Joomla CMS experience a BIG plus)
-MySQL
-FreeBSD server experience

...but will truly enjoy working for the non-profit and political
marketplaces.  They've got to have heart.  They've got to be passionate
about politics, public service, and the social sector.  They should be the
kind of developer that reads Slashdot when they have time, but who is really
passionate about their political blogs.

This position will start as a 40 hour per week contractor, and move to a
full-time employment position.  Rates are commensurate with experience.
We're located in downtown Washington, DC, and most work can be done via
telecommute with 1 to 2 days per week in the office.

So, if you think you fit the bill, or know someone who does, please send us
your resume, cover letter, salary history, and references to:

jobs<at sign here>picnet.net
ATTN:  Ryan Ozimek

Please, NO PHONE CALLS OR FAXES.  Applications will only be accepted via
email.  Forward where applicable.