[joomla] adding rating system

rostam shahname rostamepython at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 13:53:27 EST 2006

Hi,

I want to add a rating system to the website I created with Joomla, but I am
not too familiar with Joomla package. I did look at the Rating in the Beta
1.5 but I want something slightly different. So I have two questions:

1. If we how a rating in place for content item (for instance, we have a
field in the jos_content table called 'rating'), how easy it is to create a
separate page that publishes some of the (say 10 items) content sorted by
the 'rating'.

2. Now, in order to provide a user interface for rating, I'd like to add a
flash component (that takes user_id and message/content Id as parameters)
before each content item? How can I achieve this. Can I use Joomla's nice
User Interface/Control Panel for admin to help add this component. Or I need
to hack the Code?

[Once done, I can provide the component/Flash component to Joomla people if
they reckoned useful]

Regards,

Rostam