[joomla] Joomla and working with web graphic designers.

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 18:48:20 EDT 2006

On 7/23/06, David A. Roth <rothmail at comcast.net> wrote:
> The more I learn about Joomla, the more I like it.

Smart man.

> Would it be considered reasonable to expect a web graphic designer to
> prepare their designs as a template in Joomla? I'm asking because I
> don't know how many designers are familiar with Joomla yet. Also, how
> much effort would it take for an experienced designer to learn Joomla
> to complete their design in a Joomla template? Thanks!

www.joomlasolutions.com used to have a DreamWeaver extension so you
could output your design as a template file. Not sure if it is still
actively maintained, but you might want to check that out.

If the designers had access to something like that, then it would be
reasonable to ask them to take that step. However, you still need a
little PHP knowledge in order to create templates by hand, and that
may be asking too much from a graphic designer. I suppose it
ultimately depends on the skills of your designer.

-- Mitch