[joomla] PHP4->PHP5

Anthony Ferrara ircmaxell at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 14:52:54 EST 2008

>From what I understand, php4 will be supported
throught the 1.x branch (1.0, 1.5, 1.6 etc).

As far as ending in August, it's already ended...

Support for PHP 4 has been discontinued since
2007-12-31. Please consider upgrading to PHP 5.2. The
release below is the last PHP 4 release.
http://us3.php.net/downloads.php#v4

I do not recomend php 4.x to ANYBODY for any reason...
 The backwards incompatabilites between 5.x and 4.x
are so small that upgrading and incompatible script
should be relatively easy...

If your host still runs php4, have them upgrade.  If
they won't, find a new host...  It's that simple...