[joomla] ANNOUNCE: October Meeting Rescheduled

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 13:29:57 EDT 2008

To be blunt, we need to plan more than a couple days in advance. That
is really killing us as a group, as it is not possible to promote the
meetings, let alone know for sure when they are happening.

Now that we have a shiny new website (thanks to everyone involved),
I'd like to propose lining up talks for the rest of 2008 (there are
only a couple left, should not be too hard). With that out of the way,
we can actually promote the events, and start lining up talks for
2009.

One thing I always liked about NYPHP is that they seemed to be a
couple months ahead of the curve, and we should emulate that approach
as it has proven effective.

I also wonder if there would be any real interest in an
install/demo-fest from time to time, targeted at folks that have never
used Joomla but want to get it running, and see it in action. Anyone
have an opinion if that would be useful?

As for the last-second reschedule this month, to be honest I thought
it was discussed on the list. My apologies to everyone. To me it was
clear that holidays trump user group meetings, and was not aware that
the UniGroup meet was the following Thursday.

We definitely need to get November and December planned and on the
calendar so stuff like this no longer happens.

-- Mitch