[joomla] question about php 4 and php 5

D. Salemink Klikstudio debbie.salemink at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 13:31:24 EST 2009

Hi,
I recently moved roughly 40 Joomla sites from php4 to php5 on my server.
Some of the sites quite old and still using joomla 1.0 but most of
them on 1.5 and each one different, different configuration,
components etc.
And the whole thing was completely painless without any problems or
adjustments needed.
Probably migrating to another server that uses php5 only is the easiest options.
regards,

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Scott Wolpow <scott at wolpow.com> wrote:
> Yes and no.
>
> I am guessing you might be using Verio as your host.
> If you want to run both php4 and php5 then you need the change to extension.
> Or you can uninstall php4 and install php5 or migrate to a new server and
> test each site one by one to make sure it works..
> I had some issues with a php4 script running on php5 becaus ethe script was
> poorly done. It interpreted a VAR as a function.
>
> Scott Wolpow
>
> On 2/21/2009 1:03 PM, Anna Palm wrote:
>>
>> I now need CB in my site, the problem is that the new CB uses php5. My
>> hosting company has php5, but when I transfer to it, I loose my admin page,
>> DB and joomla DB.
>> My hosting company tells me if I want php5 I have to change every single
>> file to use .php5 extension.
>> Is this correct??
>> Do I have an alternative to it???
>> Anna

>> NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
>> http://www.nyphpcon.com
>>
>> Show Your Participation in New York PHP
>> http://www.nyphp.org/show_participation.php
>> 7:22 PM

> NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
> http://www.nyphpcon.com

D. Salemink
Webdesign, websitedevelopment, CMS webdesign cursussen en workshops - Amsterdam
+31207726869 +31624299239
http://www.klikstudio.nl