[joomla] Joomla for Entrepreneurs

Leam Hall leam at reuel.net
Tue Jul 14 16:36:39 EDT 2009

Some partly coherent thoughts...

For the entrepreneur:
	1. How do I bring together joomla, a shopping cart, a forum, etc, and
make sure the look and feel stays the same without manually configuring
each CSS file every time?

	2. What hit statistics are available? How are they graphed?

	3. If I hire a Joomla programmer for one project and 6 months later
hire a different one, how much time/cost will the second programmer
spend figuring out what the first one did?

	4. I want to move to "Mitch's Awesome Hosting Company", how hard will
it be to keep my site intact and how difficult is it to clone?

	5. Most sites seem real slow, how do I use Joomla and still make sure
my site loads quickly?

	6. What's the top end of Joomla capacity?

For the Joomloid:
	1. How do I deal with YoMomma and other half-baked mega hosting for
free options that install crippled PHP/Apache/MySQL functionality?

	2. What are some big wins I can discuss with a client to maximize their
site development ROI?

	3. Auto mechanics have a book that says how many hours to charge for
each job. Is there a similar thing for Joomla tasks so I can price work
I don't yet know how to do without making the customer pay for my direct
education?

	4. What are some awesome sites using Joomla that I can learn from?

	5. How do I show the client the dollar value of decent hosting plans?

That's all my workday worn brain can come up with. Some of the other

Leam