[joomla] Community Builder vs JomSocial or other extension

Herb Tucker htucker at covenanttek.com
Sat Nov 20 13:28:01 EST 2010

Hi All,
I've been evaluating Community Builder and JomSocial and I would love to
hear from anybody who has used either extension and what you think the
better extension is.
I'm primarily interested in extending the user registration form to gather
more info on registered users, integrate the user's list from Joomla to an
email app such as MailChimp, iContact or Campaign Manager and some type of
events manager. The client wants a single user registration that will sync
to the email opt in and access to events.
Currently this site is using Events Registration Pro and phpList. My client
doesn't like phpList so we're going to move to another option. Events Reg
Pro apparently integrates with Community Builder and JomSocial looks like it
has its own events management system and both look like they integrate to
one or many of the clients preferred email apps.
Your thoughts on all this would be appreciated and if you think there is a
better approach please let me know.
Thanks much!
Herb

Herbert M. Tucker