[joomla] CSS3 and HTML5

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 15:28:27 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Paul Elliott
<joomlanyc at upshotmagazine.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have suggestions on books for CSS beginners?

NOTE: These are my personal favorites, which I have seen highly
regarded by more respectable persons :-)

The Eric Meyer book is considered by many as the best starting point:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Eric-Meyer-on-CSS/Eric-A-Meyer/e/9780735712454/

There are sequels to this book. If you like the writing style of
Pragmatic Publishers, then I'd recommend their book as well:

http://www.pragprog.com/titles/bhgwad/web-design-for-developers

As for more basic, conceptual stuff, the Jeffrey Zeldman book on Web
Design is a classic:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Designing-with-Web-Standards/Jeffrey-Zeldman/e/9780321616951/

-- Mitch