[joomla] Joomla 2.5 features explained

Stephen Britton sbritton at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 00:06:53 EST 2011

Greetings All!

Joomla developer Andrea Tarr, who you may remember as a presenter at Joomla
Day NYC 2011, has done an excellent write up about all the features in the
Joomla 2.5 release.

http://bit.ly/sS8Ptk

There are many new features. Among the ones that I am most excited about
are:

* Multiple database support. Along with MySQL, Joomla 2.5 supports
Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, SQLite, and PDO (PHP Database
Objects).

* A new and improved site search engine.

* CAPTCHA is now part of core and will (hopefully!) keep spammers from
abusing forms.

* Built-in update notification to let you know when the latest Joomla
updates are released.

Usually at this time of the year, I am skiing with my brother in Utah, but
the snow has not been great so I have keeping busy with work and
experimenting with the latest versions of  VirtureMart 2.0 and SobiPro. We
have some great new toys to keep us occupied.

It looks 2012 is going to be a banner year for Joomla!

Happy New Year! and I hope to see everyone at the January Joomla NYC user
group meeting.

All best,

Steve

--
Stephen Britton
Technology Consultant
sbritton at gmail.com
Twitter: @StephenBritton
ph: 914-661-0040

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -
George Bernard Shaw