[nycphp-talk] using shared memory

ophir prusak prutwo at onebox.com
Tue Jul 16 10:37:46 EDT 2002

0. Don't try to re-invent the wheel. You're not the first person to deal
with such problems and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find something
that already exsists to solve your problem.

1. I don't know enough about your requirements, but a full page caching
solution might do the trick. I use jpcache on my site with great results.
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/jpcache/)

2. PEAR has a DB caching package you might want to look into.
http://pear.php.net/package-info.php?pacid=40

4. You might want to look into MySQL 4. Even tough it's still "devel",
it seems to be quite stable. It has built in RESULT caching ;) This allows
it to be EXTREMELY fast for your common querries.

Feel free to contact me directly if you want.

Ophir

----
Ophir Prusak
Internet developer