[nycphp-talk] PHP pages cache in spite of header() - ideas?

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Sat Aug 2 01:01:07 EDT 2003

--- Patrick Hunt <pat at vote.com> wrote:
> I've had EXTREMELY mixed results with the 'replace' parameter of
> the header function, so I suspect it's broken in some versions of
> PHP. I've had good results with combining all the Cache-Control
> directives into one call to header().

I was going to make the same suggestion.

> I'd also add 'private' to the list of Cache-Control params.

Actually, "no-store" is the most extreme anti-caching directive for the
Cache-Control header, so it alone should suffice. I've always coupled it with
"no-cache" just in case some browsers misinterpret one or the other (which some
do).

Try just those two first - no sense in beating a dead horse. :-) Throw in the
"Pragma: no-cache" to prevent caching from HTTP/1.0 agents that don't
understand Cache-Control.

Chris

=====
Become a better Web developer with the HTTP Developer's Handbook
http://httphandbook.org/