[nycphp-talk] IIS: $_SERVER & referer

Emmanuel. M. Decarie emm at scriptdigital.com
Mon May 12 21:06:47 EDT 2003

Hi again Hans,

>  > >Perhaps a variables_order issue?
>>
>>  Hmm, not sure I understand what you are saying here.  Do you mean
>>  that I have to add 'E' to the variables_order. Is the environment is
>>  somehow related? The PHP says that its better not to set 'E' for
>>  optimal performance.
>
>Ahh, my mistake; I was leaning towards 'S'
>
>If I remember correctly from your phpinfo output, variables_order was set
>only to GPC.  Give GPCS a shot, which may at least get a bit closer to
>resolving why $_SERVER is empty.

Off course. I feel such like a fool! Well, in fact, I was not sure
where to look.

<http://www.php.net/manual/en/configuration.directives.php#AEN2484>

>But it may be worth pushing for it a bit; older PHP on Windows (especially
>under IIS) is typically a Bad Thing from what I hear, but as you mentioned,
>IIS is uncharted terroritory for me as well.

Well, I will ask first the sysop to make a modification to the
variables_order in the php.ini and put 'GPCS', then, well, as they
say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it :).

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Cheers
-Emmanuel