[nycphp-talk] Re: simple shopping cart

Stephen Musgrave stephen at musgrave.org
Wed Nov 5 12:01:06 EST 2003

Michael -

Thanks for the follow-up, I've been meaning to post my solution to list.

I decided on using Basketlib.. which ended up being the exact toolset that I
needed.  It's a real simple session management toolset.  It could be used
for keeping track of all sorts of visitor inquiry information.  For example,
if you were building a site for a used car lot and you wanted the user to be
able to email the owner of the site with a list of cars they are interested
in, this would serve as a good engine for that as well.  They could browse
the 'catalog', add to favorites list or whatever and then you could add the
code to email the list.

The documentation was good but I think I found a bug in one his examples.
in his REAME [sic] file, he states the following:

Here is sample code to enumerate the basket.

if ($basket->Get_Basket_Count()>0) {  # are there items in the basket

I found this to be incorrect, that it required me to change the comparison
operator from > to >=.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/urklesphp/

STEPHEN MUSGRAVE.

..