[nycphp-talk] Session woes

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Sat Oct 18 19:08:01 EDT 2003

--- Nasir Zubair <nsr81 at ny-tech.net> wrote:
> However, my client uses AOL, and he is having problems logging in.
> Some times he can login, other times he can't. He also reported that
> he get "kicked off", i.e. session is gone without explicitly logging
> out. Any ideas how to track and fix that problem?

I recommend lots and lots of logging. This situation also demonstrates why I
think a PHP debugger is no substitute for good logging. Sometimes your users
are going to run into problems that you can't reproduce, and this can make
things very challenging.

Use your own session functions, and you can track exactly what data is being
read, stored, etc. With good logging within your application as well, you
should be able to track a specific user's experience as he/she interacts with
your application.

Hope that helps.

Chris

=====