[nycphp-talk] PHP/MySQL offline

Bill Patterson patterson at computer.org
Thu Apr 29 20:52:01 EDT 2004

This should be very doable.  Some things to watch out for are the minor
differences in file paths (e.g. Windoze back slashes versus Linux
forward slashes), etc.   Generally the functionality is the same and if
you are not doing tricks that force operating system commands you should
be OK.

Is there a reason not to run this offline on a Linux box?

Keeping the databases synchronized sounds a little more challenging.
MySQL nicely allows you to offload an entire database into commands that
restore the contents and structure elsewhere very easily.  If you only
want to synchronize daily this could be the way to go.  If you want
up-to-the-minute synchronization you may have to pipe messages between
the boxes, and someone else would have to give you hints on that.

Bill Patterson