[nycphp-talk] Fw: MySQL Administrator Available for Download

Aaron Fischer agfische at email.smith.edu
Fri Feb 13 10:04:01 EST 2004

Would this be a tool that is comparable/competing with phpmyadmin?

-Aaron

Subject: RE: [nycphp-talk] Fw: MySQL Administrator Available for Download
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 07:07:54 -0800
From: "Hans Zaunere" <hans not junk at nyphp.com>
To: "NYPHP Talk" <talk at lists.nyphp.org>

> Would this be a tool that is comparable/competing with phpmyadmin?

In some respects, yes.  But it really goes further, IMO.

Because it's a client app, running on the local box, you get some
niceities that just aren't available via a web browser.  Nice charting,
uploading, managing, user interface, speed, etc.  The only downside, is
that you of course have to have MySQL listen on the network, which in
many cases, people don't do - MySQL often only listen on 127.0.0.1
(localhost).