[nycphp-talk] MAC development environment

felix zaslavskiy felix at students.poly.edu
Sun Feb 22 16:11:17 EST 2004

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:44:36 -0500
felix zaslavskiy <felix at students.poly.edu> wrote:

> > IMHO, the Mac is now the best platform for web development, bar
> > none. It runs the standard Unix software, has versions of everything
> > that Wintel has, the colors actually match what you print and it's
> > really beautiful to boot!
> >

> Well any Unix based environment is pretty much better then windows in
> my opinion. I personally use Linux because its free and pretty much
> anything is supported on the desktop and the server.  With Crossover
> you can even have IE.

I know I must sound like total Mr Obvious to most people on this list
but consider that not everyone knows of the alternatives at this time
especially students in colleges who are handed a laptop with XP
preinstalled. But if someone is taking a CS degree and still have not
heard that yes Linux/BSD is better then they must be living under a
rock.