[nycphp-talk] Your experiences with PHPDocumentor

Phil Powell phillip.powell at adnet-sys.com
Fri Feb 27 12:21:58 EST 2004

Tim Gales wrote:

>You asked for thoughts etc.
>
>My thought is basically that
>doxygen can do a better job of
>generating documentation.
>
>If you want to know how to use it
>I would suggest the following:
>www.doxygen.com
>
>In terms of what's easier to use
>PHPDocumentor or Doxygen
>I think it is matter of personal
>preference as to which one is easier
>to use.
>
>If you feel "PHPDocumentor seems, at best,
>impossible to use...". maybe Doxygen
>will seem easier to you.
>
>T. Gales & Associates
>'Helping People Connect with Technology'
>
>http://www.tgaconnect.com

Very VERY hard to use, even moreso than PHPDocumentor.. I can't figure
out the tutorial online to understand how to find the configuration
file, use the Doxywizard, basically, do anything with this tool
whatsoever.  Could you perhaps tell me an example, a real-life "This is
how I did it" story for a very simple PHP script using Doxygen?

Phil