[nycphp-talk] get just the column names (MySQL)

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Tue Jan 27 12:51:29 EST 2004

I know about "show columns from myTable", "describe myTable",etc. I wonder
if anyone knows an elegant way to get ~just~ the column names and no more
(metadata). The lazy way I'm doing it now is with PEAR's
DB_Common::getCol() (which, for all I know, is fetching and discarding the
extra stuff under the hood (no I haven't peeked)).

$this->attribs = $db->getCol("show columns from person");

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

        "Anybody else got a problem with Webistics?" -- Sopranos 24:17