[nycphp-talk] New PHundamentals Article - Error Handling

inforequest sm11szw02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Jul 19 14:45:39 EDT 2004

Jeff Siegel - PHundamentals jeff.siegel-at-nyphp.org |nyphp 04/2004| wrote:

> A new PHundamentals article - "Error Handling" - has been posted. This
> article is in beta form, subject to one last round of feedback from
> the NYPHP community. Please post any questions or comments about the
> article by replying to this message.
>
> See:
> http://phundamentals.nyphp.org/PH_error_handle.php?expiredate=8/2/2004
>
> ==================
> Jeff Siegel & Michael Southwell
> The PHundamentals Team

I would suggest not getting into details of the apache error log and how
to tail it. You can't assume where a given distro put the logs for the
individual user, whether the ISP or admin set up common logs for all
virtual sites  and uses delayed log-split jobs, or the admin uses
combined logs, etc etc etc. Perhaps a mention of checking the Apache
error log, and a link to all-about-apache-error-logs or a suggestion to
find out from your ISP where your error log is, would be cleaner?

-=john