[nycphp-talk] LAMP CMS performance tests

Mitch Pirtle mitchy at spacemonkeylabs.com
Wed Jul 21 14:59:32 EDT 2004

Hey gang,

Here is an interesting test done by one person, using the same
os/hardware/software for everything except the CMS.  She tried several
and noted the results.

http://forum.mamboserver.com/showthread.php?t=11782

Perhaps the most telling were that the CMSs that implemented page-level
caching performed the best, and kept the lowest loads.

Something I have learned while doing my own testing is that using
ADOdb's query cache (which caches on the webserver, not in the database
like MySQL) provides significant performance benefits, UNLESS your
webserver is working harder than the database machine, in which case it
will actually hurt.

-- Mitch