[nycphp-talk] $_SESSION, session_unset(), unset($_SESSION['var']), register_globals and the PHP Manual

John Lacey jlacey at att.net
Fri Jul 23 17:58:48 EDT 2004

Daniel Convissor wrote:
> <?php
> unset($_SESSION['Phil']);
> header('Location: http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html');
> ?>

A little over 10 years ago after leaving McDATA Corp. here in Colorado
where I worked as a [maintenance] software engineer I made a phone call
to one of the company's founders.  His name is Bruce Walsh, retired and
playing golf now probably.  Well, Bruce was one of the sharpest tech
people I've ever known and I worked with him from time-to-time on some
pretty hairy IBM Channel and SNA software timing problems.  He wrote the
channel code, the kernel, and was principal architect as well as mentor
to many of the engineers.  I maintained the SNA code along with LAN &
WAN (SDLC) subsystems.
So much for the background.  What I called him about was to thank him
for the times he helped me and for not making fun of the fact that I'm
slow and have to struggle through information.

I'm 58 years old now and I will never forget Bruce's kindness and
condescension.

There's a lot of sharp people on this list and I sure appreciate them.
Then there's the rest of us :)

John