[nycphp-talk] DB Differences

Mark Armendariz nyphp at enobrev.com
Fri Jun 18 10:02:54 EDT 2004

> Now flip it, translating takes longer, but the client is
> willing to bear the cost, you can either stick with the plan
> and have the knowledge that the program is the best you can
> produce, or you can short cut, do the straight sync and dirty
> programming and either come out the under budget hero or a
> little richer.

I think this is one of the major bases for my indecision.  If the client
would prefer the straight sync, I may just turn down the gig.  I have a very
hard time putting out code and asking people to pay for it if I don't feel
it's done to the best of my ability with my full approval (or at least a
good 85% approval due to compromise).  Even when I was growing tired of the
refried-beans-every-damned-day diet, I wouldn't compromise my product for a
check.  I'm sure such pride can be a downfall, but I feel it's one of the
major reasons I have so much work now.

Mark