[nycphp-talk] Off Topic: International Outsourcing

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Wed Jun 30 08:07:46 EDT 2004

This is an excellent point ... I mean whats the real point of technology anyways?  Build games?  Fry the
brains of kids with new exciting features in online messaging?  Faster Eminem downloads?  There are
millions of areas in which LAMP witin the country that would prove resourceful @ the only cost of the
programmers ability to get the task accomplished.

What LAMP actually needs is more case studies (even fictional ones) ... for example I just read that
buildings in NYC can $ave money if they hardwire XML to Con Edison.  I find it both disturbing +
interesting @ the same time.  But Im sure more examples such as that will start popping up.

- Jon

--
pgp key: http://www.jonbaer.net/jonbaer.asc
fingerprint: F438 A47E C45E 8B27 F68C 1F9B 41DB DB8B 9A0C AF47