[nycphp-talk] PHP B-tree implementation

Chris Snyder csnyder at chxo.com
Fri Mar 26 12:40:00 EST 2004

jon baer wrote:

>>The DICTIONARY on the demo page is an implementation
>>of the PHPBTREE. It contains over 15000 words and you
>>can find any word in the tree in almost no time.
>>

>is there any type of relation that could
>be setup with other btrees? for example say a value was actually a pointer
>... {btree:key}

Now we're talkin' fun!  Pushing the envelope even further, what if the
value returned was a serialised PHP array or object, possibly with other
{btree:key} values embedded?

Monthly meeting attendees are vaguely familiar with airports lookup by
city/state/airport-name keys, where a single key may correspond to
multiple airports.  For example, a lookup on key "los angeles" might
return a serialised PHP array with the airport codes of all LA-area
airports.

Happy Friday, all.