[nycphp-talk] presentation system under php - comparison?

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Sun May 30 19:21:33 EDT 2004

--- David Mintz <dmintz at davidmintz.org> wrote:
> That is one cool tool. I am planning a mini-spiel on using
> HTML_QuickForm and Smarty together for the July meeting, and it
> would be the very epitome of uncoolness to show up at a NYPHP
> meeting and give a presentation with Microsoft PowerPoint, don't
> you think?

I've seen some very good presentations given with PowerPoint. A friend of
mine goes through an average of 150 slides for a 45 minute talk, because
he does things like highlight specific bits of code while he's talking.
The lack of interactiveness can be overcome with some carefully-prepared
examples, in my opinion.

At ApacheCon, Theo Schlossnagle was showing me his Keynote slides. That
seems like a better product than PowerPoint for the static slides
approach, but it only runs on Mac.

Chris

=====
Chris Shiflett - http://shiflett.org/