Workflow & MVC in PHP (was Re: [nycphp-talk] Enterprise-level Functionality in PHP)

Andrew Yochum andrew at digitalpulp.com
Thu Nov 11 17:38:41 EST 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 11:01:21AM -0500, Randal Rust wrote:
> For the past two years, I have been in charge of the development of a
> prototype for an enterprise-level application. The prototype is in
> PHP/MySQL/ADODB and the *real* application is J2EE.
>
> So what I am looking to do is add some of the enterprise-level functions
> into the system, such as:
>
> - workflow
> - live chat
> - imaging and document management
> - integration with Adobe Forms
>
> I've found some live chat options, but don't seem to be having much luck
> in the other areas. Any suggestions?

I just now happened to stumble on this doc on a workflow engine in PHP:
    http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/workflow.html
... by way of Harry Feucks post:
    http://www.sitepoint.com/blog-post-view.php?id=206854

Also, of more general interest to NYPHPers is Tony Marston's doc "A
Development Infrastructure for PHP", an excellent piece on MVC in PHP:
    http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/infrastructure.html

Enjoy,
Andrew