[nycphp-talk] [OT] - Liquid Cooled System Or Dual?

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Fri Oct 15 15:42:06 EDT 2004

Joseph Crawford codebowl-at-gmail.com |nyphp dev/internal group use| wrote:

>guys i need your opinions.
>
>i have been looking at the koolance liquid cooled cases and i need to
>know if they are actually worth it.  I mean i leave my system on 24/7
>and try to only shut it off when i desperately need to. (we dont pay
>the electic bill LOL).  This system will be my workstation where i
>will do all of my PHP work etc.. and will be heavilly used.
>
>Would you guys suggest spending the money on the koolance liquid
>cooled case or rather a dual processor setup chock full of ram?
>
>here is what i have priced out
>http://www.codebowl.com/computer-specs.txt

if you're not into extreme overclocking and especially if (like me) you
don't mind having coverless computers on your desk, spend your money on
other stuff.

I don't see your disk configuration or video selection, but if it will
be running Windows nothing spells performance like dual 10k SATA drives
and 2GB of paired DDR memory. Not sure you can go that route on your
budget, however.

-=john andrews

(I am not a gamer) P4 at 2.8GHz, Intel 875PB MB (for stability, has SATA
RAID on board), Matrox Parhelia triple headed video (for utility), 2GB
Corsair XMS extreme paired  memory, dual 36GB 10kRPM SATA drives, POS
case left open and decent 480W PS. RTD under CPU runs reports steady
84F/28.1C most of the time...in August ambient was high and I did have
some issues (up to 106F), but nothing a deskfan couldn't solve.