[nycphp-talk] php.ini question

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Mon Sep 6 01:52:39 EDT 2004

--- Daniel Krook <krook at us.ibm.com> wrote:
> In PHP, regular variables don't need to be declared before
> they're used, so that will not cause an error.

I think he meant "notice" instead of "error". I'm guilty of the same lack
of precision in how I describe these things, too. I call anything that
appears on the screen that I didn't want an error. :-)

Rahmin, I would strongly recommend slowly migrating your code so that you
can turn error_reporting all the way up (E_ALL) without seeing any errors,
warnings, notices, and whatnot. This will at least force one good practice
- initializing variables. This can not only cut down on bugs, it also
eliminates a few security concerns for free.

Chris

=====
Chris Shiflett - http://shiflett.org/

PHP Security - O'Reilly