[nycphp-talk] secure page not showing styles in external css in mozilla?

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Fri Sep 10 18:35:14 EDT 2004

--- Stephen Musgrave <stephen at musgrave.org> wrote:
> i am working on a secure donation form.  when i view the page through
> the https protocol on safari (os x & win xp) and camino (os x), the
> page appears without the styles defined in an external styles sheet
> used by the whole site.  it is as if the link to the style sheet is bad
> and it simply isn't being imported.
>
> when viewed on safari or IE on windows xp, it looks just fine.
>
> i have played with making the reference to the style sheet as a full
> https reference and that doesn't seem to help.
>
> any ideas?

The https scheme is being used for the parent resource, it sounds like,
and the embedded resources are not secure. You want to either use relative
URLs for your embedded resources, or you want to specify an absolute URL
using the https scheme rather than http.

Hope that makes sense.

Out of curiosity, you say that this doesn't work on Safari, and then you
say that it does work on Safari. I should hope that IE is the only browser
this insecure.

Chris

=====
Chris Shiflett - http://shiflett.org/