[nycphp-talk] PHP Coding Standards

Amol Hatwar amol at hatwar.org
Thu Dec 8 19:26:32 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 09:37 +0530, Anirudh Zala wrote:
> I assume we need to create a general purpose coding standard that can be helpful to member of this group and other as well.

*chop*

The good thing about standards is that there's so many of them to choose
from. And new ones come up every now and then ;).

The standard as it isn't really as important as getting your dev team to
follow it. Most standards do end up getting altered, to become another
standard for a particular project.

By far, I found the PEAR coding guidelines most widely followed. But do
we really need another standard?

Regards,

ah