[nycphp-talk] OT: Freelance PHP gig Not Paying up!

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Thu Dec 22 21:47:57 EST 2005

Rahmin Pavlovic wrote:
> On 12/22/05 12:22 PM, "Chris Shiflett" <shiflett at php.net> wrote:
>

>>It also applies directly to his recommendation of sending a letter with
>>a return receipt. This provides evidence of a sincere effort to resolve
>>the situation amicably if and when more aggressive actions become necessary.
>>

> Yes.  I also read once that FedEx is more likely to be opened than certified
> USPS, as they also keep records.

Either way you want to validate the debt.
That is, you want to make sure the client knows
how much he owes and for what, and give him 30 days
to dispute it.

If the client is real weasel, he might claim that
he never got an invoice -- and then after you invoice
him (again) start disputing the fee(s) charged.

It is much easier to get a legal ruling in your
favor, if you have a valid debt to begin with --
or at least that is my understanding.

(Of course, since I am not a lawyer, my understanding
of this sort of thing should be taken with a 'grain of salt')

--
T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com