[nycphp-talk] Liability protection for consultants?

Ajai Khattri ajai at bitblit.net
Thu Feb 10 11:11:36 EST 2005

Chris Shiflett wrote:

>I've never looked at any of these things, but I've heard OScommerce
>mentioned a few times recently. It's not obvious to me what this software
>does by visiting their site. Is it just a content management and shopping
>cart thing, or does it have more sophisticated support for payment
>processing and such?
>
>There seem to be all of these common problem spaces where someone needs to
>write a solution that doesn't suck. I'm wondering if this is yet another
>one.

Yes it is! ;-)

I built a prototype site with OSC and found it to be a real hairball.

And the last time I used Interchange it required Postgres and used a lot
of Perl.

Right now, Mambo with the phpshop component is the only decent thing Ive
found.

(Xaraya is an excellent framework too but alas they have no ecommerce
components yet...).

--
Aj.
Systems Administrator / Developer