[nycphp-talk] AddType application/x-httpd-php .gif .jpg .etc

Andrew Yochum andrew at plexpod.com
Tue Mar 29 16:46:23 EST 2005

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 04:13:10PM -0500, Daniel Convissor wrote:
> > Did you have actual binaries behind the requests or scripts?
>
> While not exactly what you're talking about, I have used PHP scripts
> dynamically generate images via gd on the fly.  Pretty easy.

Yep, that's fun stuff.

> > Yeah, I'm probably crazy.
>
> Depends.  What's the goal?

I'm thinking something along the lines of setting the PHP module as a
handler for image files + a prepend script w/ output bufffering +
sessions + auth (both) + good ol' caching.  The goal is to have a
relatively non-invasive way to control access to and modify existing
images in the docroot on-the-fly w/ PHP.

Andrew