[nycphp-talk] system() call timeout

Jeffrey O. Stevison jeff at geeksociety.com
Wed Oct 12 14:15:19 EDT 2005

But if the command hangs, the only thing that the time command will
do is record how long the program is 'executing' or not for that
matter.  I need to term the offensive command and return a code that
this has happened.  The reason being I don't want to wait for the
system to time out the command as it takes too long to time out.  I
would know in a matter of seconds rather than the systems minutes
whether the command is hung or not.

Jeffrey O. Stevison