[nycphp-talk] [OT] - NYC Salaries

Krzys krzys at perfekt.net
Thu Aug 3 15:03:11 EDT 2006

Well it all depends on your lifestyle, My wife does not work, have a small1 year
old child and I make almost double of what you specified, I am system admin and
I love it. I do live outside of the city, in queens right by the ocean, great
place. rents are around $1000 and they go up. Nothing luxury about those
locations but verizon does offer FiOS internet service which 30mbit downstream
and 5mbit upstream (which I do love. We have no money left after we spend it all
every month, but as I said it all depends on your spending limit and habbits. I
am moving to CT where it will cost me more, got a job which pasy a bit more
thatn current job and I am in the same boat as you trying to figure all of this
out. I did commute to work by car, have SUV and it does cost me $60 per 4 day
trip back and forth for Gas, insurance I pay $2200  ayear and so on. Depending
on the medical plan I had to pay extra $6000 almost last year when my baby was
born, for hospital visits and all the other crap, so I thoght that I had great
insurance and everthing but after all I guess it was not...

By the way, are there any good Solaris System admins in here on the list? I need
one to fill in my spot, I can direct you to the proper place if you good and you
can make pretty good money in here...

Chris