[nycphp-talk] CakePHP: what do you think?

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Mon Jul 31 13:54:24 EDT 2006

Hey Folks:

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 04:47:42PM -0400, Mitch Pirtle wrote:

> Speaking of build environments, I've recently fallen helplessly in
> love with phing (http://phing.info/trac/) and wonder if me or someone
> else would be able to make a presentation of that tool. Anyone else
> out there interested in that topic?

People interested in installation and distribution tools should definitely
take a look at PEAR's 1.4.x platform.  It's quite robust and has a lovely
feature set.  The biggest new thing in 1.4.x is channels (well, 1.4 has
been out a while, so perhaps "new" isn't the right word).

With channels, anyone can host a code repository accessible via end
users's PEAR installers.  This makes it really easy to keep your clients
up to date.

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/