[nycphp-talk] php performing actions on pages

Anirudh Zala arzala at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 22:59:42 EST 2006

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 05:59, Rob Notwicz wrote:
> Can a php script be made to perform actions on a site, such as: open it,
> fill in a form, click a link/button, and receive the page returned? I've
> been having problems getting cURL to extract a site behind an https login
> and I was wondering if there was a more direct method.
>
> thanks,
>    Rob

Yes, using PHP functions like "fsockopen, fputs, fgets" etc. you can do so.
But this method might have certain limitations of accessing pages. For
example, pages being submitted using JS might not work with this method.

It is not to be assumed that whatever acctions is performed using browser, can
also be done exactly using these methods.

Thanks

Zala