[nycphp-talk] how did you learn php?

Jake McGraw jmcgraw1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 15:12:36 EDT 2007

My first experience programming in PHP was writing my own online guest book.
Gets to you used to interfacing with a database (or flat file) and working
with user input. After getting a taste of the syntax, take a gander at
Object Oriented Programming in PHP and the many security issues that crop up
when handling user input. Keep the php.net function list handy and you
should be on your way.

- jake