[nycphp-talk] It's 2007, and we haven't talked about Shopping Carts since last year

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Jan 16 11:47:28 EST 2007

Quoting Dell Sala <dell at sala.ca>:

> re: OSCommerce -- Customizing that software is probably the most
> unpleasant coding experience I've ever had. I still haven't found a
> package that supports nearly as many useful features out of the box.
> But the coding style is so crazy that I just don't trust it. Has
> anyone used ZenCart? My understanding is that it is a "well
> maintained" fork of OSC.

I just finished developing the same module for both osCommerce and
ZenCart, and ZenCart is definitely a step up, but it's still pretty
scary.

It does have a separate templates/ directory at least, as well as a
couple of useful ways to drop in your own code without having to muck
with the core code. So installation of a changeset ends up being quite
a bit easier. If you do end up having to look at the core code,
though, it's mostly just renamed from osCommerce.

-chuck