[nycphp-talk] ADOdb status

Rob Marscher rmarscher at beaffinitive.com
Wed Jul 18 15:36:48 EDT 2007

On Jul 12, 2007, at 9:54 PM, Cliff Hirsch wrote:
> I just stumbled across ADOdb. Is this database abstraction library
> still active? Have things like PDO or PEAR DB made it obsolete?

As others have stated, it's current... and it's awesome!  I'm pretty
sure it's faster than PDO for mysql.  I recommend additionally
installing the extension for it which replaces parts of the php code
with c and provides a major speed up to certain methods.  Also, if
you're serious about portable SQL statements, there's a good guide
linked from the documentation that tells you which abstracted
functions to use for certain SQL commands that differ across databases.

-Rob