[nycphp-talk] [ANNOUNCE] Andromeda adopts YAML for spec files

Kenneth Downs ken at secdat.com
Tue May 8 07:35:18 EDT 2007

The latest version of Andromeda now makes use of the YAML format for our
database specification files, replacing a home-grown solution used in
the past.

The database specification file is the heart of an Andromeda
application, as it contains a complete description not just of table
structures, but of security, constraints, and automations.

Adopting YAML gives us the advantage of using a format that people are
already familiar with (and growing more so), plus the advantage of using
a freely-available parser, and of course not having to maintain our own
parser any more.

The tutorials and Introduction on the website have been updated to
reflect the new format.

--
Kenneth Downs
Secure Data Software, Inc.