[nycphp-talk] Support Ticket Sytem

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Fri May 18 08:44:17 EDT 2007

On 5/17/07, Michael B Allen <mba2000 at ioplex.com> wrote:
> Hi CED,
>
> That does look like it's worth a look but it still doesn't look like the
> "IMAP server is the ticket database" paradigm I'm talking about. One of
> the main benefits of what I'm talking about is that you don't have to use
> the application itself - you can just use your regular email. Correct
> me if I'm wrong but this looks like you would have to actually log
> into eventum to initiate or processes a ticket at some point in it's
> lifetime. No?
>
> Mike

Mike, build it this weekend, then sell it to Aniesh. ;-)

You're totally right that it's not rocket science. It's much simpler
than any open source project you're likely to run across, because why
would someone bother "open sourcing" something so simple? (tongue
firmly in cheek there)

Aniesh, use IMAP. PHP's support is easy to get, once you figure out
the right way to connect to your choice of server. You can create
folders and move messages around on the server in order to enable
workflows (seen, active, on hold, finished, cancelled). As Mike points
out, whatever web front end you build can be extremely simple, because
you can always perform complex admin stuff on the backend using an
email client.

Remember that in order to stay sane you absolutely MUST put a
top-notch spam filter in front of this thing.

--
Chris Snyder
http://chxo.com/