[nycphp-talk] IDE recommendations

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.com
Fri May 25 12:55:08 EDT 2007

You nailed it.  In the past 4 gigs Ive worked @, each had a different
deployment strategy, each w/ good techniques and a few wtf?

The situation always comes up w/ how to properly work independently w/
o a) changing policy and b) with multiple developers and same codebase.

I have to say that Capistrano 2.0 is something to possibly look @
(even if you don't know Ruby) as it does work extremely well w/ a PHP
app.

http://www.capify.org
http://www.simplisticcomplexity.com/2006/8/16/automated-php-
deployment-with-capistrano
http://presentations.jamisbuck.org/railsconf2007/

Im still unsure what a PHP equivalent would be, Phing maybe?

- Jon