[nycphp-talk] Mod Rewrite Issue

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 08:26:30 EDT 2007

I am working to integrate clean URLs for a couple I sites that we
manage and I know exactly what I need to do. However, I am having
trouble getting the rewrite rules to work on my local test server.

If I upload the .htaccess file to the live server, it works perfectly.
I have mod_rewrite enabled on the server (Apache 2). I'm running PHP
5.1.6 on the box.

Here is my simple rule for testing.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^sue.php$ chip.php

How can I debug this? I'm sure it's something simple, I just don't
have enough experience with mod_rewrite to know what it is. TIA.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications