[nycphp-talk] DOM XML questions

Rob Marscher rmarscher at beaffinitive.com
Tue Nov 20 21:48:53 EST 2007

On Nov 19, 2007, at 6:05 PM, Ajai Khattri wrote:
> Anyone here familiar with the DOM XML functions in PHP?
...snip...
> But how do I "cast" the DOM Element to DOM Nodes that appendChild()
> needs?

Not sure you'd want to consider this... but I've found the SimpleXML
library *much* easier to work with than the DOM XML.  Can you use php5?
http://php.net/simplexml

For DOM XML though... from looking at the documentation, it looks like
DOM Element extends from DOM Node, so I think passing a DOM Element to
appendChild() should work.  Do you get an error when you try to do that?

-Rob