[nycphp-talk] CouchDB (PHP)

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 18:18:42 EDT 2007

On 9/8/07, Jon Baer <jonbaer at jonbaer.com> wrote:
> So has anyone here played around w/ CouchDB @ all?

That should make some heads spin.

> Im getting the vibe that it would be akin to say SQLite BLOBs w/ slick
> replication techniques, but have not seen it in action much, but the whole
> JSON in/out pipe is an interesting concept.  People are trying to kill RDBMS
> more and more everyday :-\

The cross-platform-ness of the CouchDB server implies that you might
replicate a shared database onto each workstation that accesses it.
What I don't see from the initial documentation and demos is a writeup
of how the bi-directional sync works, and whether it can be manually
triggered ("sync database now") from within an app.

Very cool, though. It seems like you could mix in some xml db
functionality, too, like creating a view of all of the links in a
collection of documents.

--
Chris Snyder
http://chxo.com/