[nycphp-talk] javascript calling php function

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Fri Feb 22 04:13:40 EST 2008

Susan Shemin susan_shemin-at-yahoo.com |nyphp dev/internal group use|
wrote:

> Austin, you rock!!  I got it to work perfectly using the redirect, and
> it's exactly what I needed.
>
> Thanks to all of you, but I was looking for this type of simple and
> elegant (to quote a Pascal programming professor years ago) solution.
>
> Susan

Susan,

Just a warning that if possible your tracking script should limit its
function to your known intended destinations else fail or whatever.
Don't leave it "open" or you may find your site being utilized by others
as a general purpose redirect proxy, often for less-than-honorable purposes.

-=john

Your web server traffic log file is the most important source of web business information available. Do you know where your logs are right now? Do you know who else has access to your log files? When they were last archived? Where those archives are? --John Andrews Competitive Webmaster and SEO Blogging at http://www.johnon.com